Varieties of hosting solutions
A hosting service means keeping and/or sharing given web content on a server run by a hosting supplier. There are various forms of hosting services utilized for various goals, so let's take a glimpse at these. Doing so, you can choose what you want, based on whether you desire to establish a weblog, e-mail address accounts, or to share files with buddies and partners.
- File hosting: a solution supplied by some web hosts, which allows you to share huge files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its single goal is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to see an index of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free file storage plans are frequently supported by exhibiting adverts next to the download links, while a timer obliges you to wait for a certain interval of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you run a paid file storage account, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limitation when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the help of the cPanel hosting firms, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is an entirely unsuitable interpretation of the real denotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would divide the load between independent sets of servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving different webspace hosting services (mail, storage space, stats, DNS, databases, web hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is simply a brand of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; specific vendors provide a hosting service for images solely. This hosting brand is appropriate if you desire to share a great quantity of pictures with pals or colleagues since the service is mostly free. You will receive a randomly generated link for each picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for sites.
- Email hosting: a solution dedicated to tackling your e-mailbox accounts. Some vendors provide web page hosting services for websites, but do not supply an e-mail service. If you desire to manage an e-mail address with your domain name but do not desire to have a website, then the e-mail hosting service is what you need. You can create email mailbox accounts and manage them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a certain video clip, or you can embed the video in your web site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of using this method instead of uploading the video clip in a hosting account is that the video produces a certain amount of CPU load, so with a handful of video files and a few hundred website viewers, you may have difficulty with your website hosting quotas. Embedding the video file will enable you to administer as many videos as you wish without bothering about system quotas.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you need if you wish to keep a web site. To a certain degree, it consists of all of the abovementioned hosting varieties since, along with your web sites, you can also host images and files, you can set up databases and electronic mail accounts, upload videos, etc. At Portland WordPress Hosting, for instance, you can examine web hosting and dedicated server hosting accounts that enable you to have all of the aforementioned services in one place. There may be restrictions based on the sort of hosting service that you've settled on - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your website hosting package may be better or worse in comparison with the ordinary email/file/video/image hosting plans that are made for particular content solely.